Thursday 29 November 2012

A Cottage Industry

One of the lovely things about having a baby is the exciting mail you receive. We've had flowers, packages, cards and.... brownies. 

Yes you read that right, Brownies by MAIL. Also, Brownies deserves capitalisation in my humble opinion. 

I received a beautifully wrapped box of chocolate Brownies from the giant's mum who not only knows and encourages my love of baked goods but also independent producers. I have to admit I paid little attention at first to where these divine goodies came from as I devoured 3 in one hit but once the sugar buzz wore off I found the card and looked them up online. Wow. Just my thing. 

Gower Cottage Brownies takes the idea of a cottage industry (A business or manufacturing activity carried on in a person's home) quite literally. Kate, the owner and baker behind the enterprise, produces these wonderful treats in her family home. In a beautiful cottage located in Wales, Kate has created a business that is not only deliciously indulgent but award winning too. Her baking and customer service have all been recognised for their excellence and I can see why. 

As much as I wanted to keep this news to myself so I could eat ALL the brownies, I just had to share. Brownies make the world a better place after all. 

No comments: