Thursday 1 November 2012

An-tici-PAY-SHUN

I can't use the word anticipation without hearing it exaggerated by a rather gorgeous Tim Curry in drag. I tried to type it in the header normally but somehow just couldn't so I felt a nod to a great dress up/ Halloween favourite of mine was probably quite festive anyway. For the record, I'm always Magenta because after the drag queens, she got the best makeup. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, go get a copy of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, a friend who knows the parts to shout at and a vat of gin then come back. 

Anyway.....

Anticipation is becoming a major theme around here and there's more than one thing I'm excited about. I thought I'd share a few. 

Stormount (c) CelticCastOn
Firstly, I'm going to be writing a blog post about this rather magic pattern soon that's just been released by one of my favourite bloggers. Isn't it gorgeous? I love cables and need more in my life and this clearly needs to happen. 


Then there's a flurry of books that are being blogged about in anticipation of their arrival. The first that left me all a twitter was Jane Richmond's Island, now available for pre-order. It looks absolutely stellar and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. 


No less exciting is the anticipation of the Smitten Kitchen cookbook. I am always banging on about the genius that is this blog but really, I don't think I can stress this enough: the woman is a genius

I also got very excited when I realised how close election day is for the US: 6th November 2012! Watching this video about the power of the female vote to say 'no' to a regime that will attempt to reclaim them as property made me want to stand up and cheer. 60% of the voters last time were women and that means you can literally say 'my body, my decision'. How exciting! Here in the UK I'm hoping we realise the same next election as the abortion and welfare debates roll on with little female voice, research or forward thinking in any shape or form so I'm waiting the outcome of the US election with baited breath and hoping it signals a change for us here too.


So whether it's knitted bliss, food or just being so damn powerful, I hope you're anticipating something special over this coming week too!

3 comments:

Eatsruns said...

The really depressing statistic for me is that when polled, more women are anti-choice than men. :(

I still think the voice of women is so so important on these issues which affect women so greatly, but it does make me realise how far we have to go.

Jane Richmond said...

Thanks for the Love :) I am so excited you like the book!!!

...and I love the message in your post. It's empowering.

Evelyn said...

One of the things I'm anticipating is getting my electricity back having lost it during Hurricane Sandy but seeing all these lovelies make me happy. I love CelticCastOn's new design ... it's gorgeous!