Tuesday 13 November 2012

Stormout and All Things Snuggly.

Well I find myself in front of a laptop and I won't beat around the bush, I'm pretty chuffed at myself. I'm writing SHOWNOTES and a blog post. Yes, I know, wait for the sound of spinning plates crashing... 

We're enjoying cuddling and being together and all things fun in the playful house and I'm thinking about when I get to knit again. Thus far I've looked at the cover of two knit magazines (Pom Pom and Knitscene FYI) and Mollie Makes and I've read through Stormount pattern that I promised I'd blog about before the arrival of my Playful Babe. While I'm yearning to knit, this is keeping me satisfied for now and I have to say, I'm impressed with this first published pattern. 

(c) CelticCastOn
 Stormont is a unisex cabled toque featuring a celtic cable design on the front and back.
With sizes ranging from 6mths to large adult it’s a hat with the whole family in mind. The designer is Kelly Ashfield who writes over at CelticCastOn, a blog I thoroughly enjoy- the woman knits like a machine!


(c) Copyright CelticCastOn
 Patterns are written and charted using conventional abbreviations and has been laid out in a logical way that keeps things clear despite the multiple sizing. I love the addition of the pompom for the little version too- adorable! I also hear there's plans for a slouchy and beanie version which excites me greatly.  

(c) Copyright CelticCastOn
You can purchase your pattern here via Ravelry and check out Kelly's amazing blog here. Thanks for the copy of this pattern Kelly, when I get those needles going, there's going to one for all the playful family members. We'll debate how many pompoms that will be nearer the time....

No comments: